Monday, March 19, 2018

Sheikha A. writes


Gallows

Splinter me into a monster
my wood is for blood

drink the pallid water seeping
out from the leaves of my crust

I had a man rest his head 
on my sun-beaten chest

and had my eyes grow veins
out of retinas of shame

his teeth were premonition – 
a red ball of worms

they crawled out of my roots
I gave him ears to burn

the whisper of a death-still flake
fell on a snowy mountain’s nape

a spider’s womb ejecting poison
I gave him the frozen horizon

I gave him a sword made
from the iron of my breast

somewhere in the forest night
the music of the man had cried

I gave him life for his feet to sing
to tread as hunger at end of its brink.
Despair at Gallows Gate Sadness hanging stone Torquay Devon clown hung ring road history compass Digital Art, Avant Garde Portrait Photography, Abstract, Vicki-Lea Boulter FSWPP ARPS Despair at Gallows Gate -- Vickie Lea Boulter

1 comment:

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?