Friday, January 26, 2018

Heather Jephcott writes



Why?



I do not understand.
Something is missing in my estimations.
Those I love the most,
those that love me the most
appear,
at times,
to do things contrary
to this love.



Why?
I do not know
but
gradually
I have come to accept
that my understanding
is rather limited,
that I do not know all
and
on this side of heaven,
never will.



The holes in my understanding,
in my knowing,
in my sight,
are there
and need to be accepted
as normal
and
as quite ok.



I can ask questions
to try to clarify
and
sometimes
this is a very good thing to do,
perhaps
most often
but
even then,
I will not necessarily
find the answers
or receive the replies
to fill the holes.



Acceptance of my holey understanding
is essential
to my own peace of mind
as well as
to allow loved ones
to have their own mystique.
The is especially true
for the personalities
vastly different to mine.
I need to keep on
believing the best.



Perhaps
times like this,
when I am not understanding,
are ones where
I need to take seriously
the command
not to worry
but to give thanks,
while committing it all
to God.  
Saule Zelnyte  Artwork

Holes -- Saule Zelnyte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?