Monday, December 4, 2017

James Babbs writes




Things Get Lost

I’ve sat here for too long
I’ve sat here in this same room
staring through the same window
listening to the silence
swirling around me and
the sound of disembodied voices
murmuring
somewhere in the dark
I’ve sat here waiting
trying not to lose my mind
remembering
the way it felt
when she kissed me
the way it felt
when I held her for the last time
things fall apart
things get lost and
sometimes
people can lose their way
and it doesn’t matter
what happened before this
or what you might have wanted
because
even when it burns bright
the light never lasts long enough
for you to see everything
 
In the Land of Lost Things I and II -- Mychael Barratt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?