Thursday, November 9, 2017

Umid Ali writes


THE VICTORIOUS SORROW



It chops my soul,

It covers my spirit with flowers.

A life, you brought endless concerns

To the flower-spirit, grew up without a joy.

I found neither glory nor pride,

But I bloomed as a flower.

I rooted, I overgrew, O,

But my soul suffered from autumn – the shears.

My notions were high as the sky,

Hope was the king of my wishes.

I attached a joss from the dreams,

But it is broken now.

A life, your cabals are excessive,

The bright emotions’ ways are closed.

If I struggle for happy days,

The sorrow overcomes me. 
  
--tr Asror Allayarov from "The Gate Opened by Angels" 
 Image result for cutting flowers paintings
Country Flowers in Jar -- Angela Moulton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?