Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Anoucheka Gangabissoon writes



A Mirror Image

Fed up with this world and its civilities
I chose to create a reflection of myself
One whose duty centered around my life
While I ran, I flew, I fled to where living was more serene
My reflection though
Lived life as if it were a robot
Imbibed with emotions
It excelled there where I failed
It pleased there where I always ended up making a few unhappy
It satisfied there where I was deemed as being unacceptable
It lived
And cared not about its existence
About its genuineness
About its aim
About its futile meaning
About finding truth
About finding the pieces of this world's puzzles
About the purpose of love even
It lived
In all simplicity
While I drowned in anonymity
While I spied on it in secrecy
It lived with such fervor
That I became jealous
Why
It's none other than me
So why am I jealous
My reflection is making of me a success
A star
Loved
Praised
Envied
Talked about
Copied
It made of me an icon
But still I yearned to get my life back
So I left my hideout
Killed my mirror image
And took its place
The moroseness of life swiped me over
And I again yearned for my anonymity
Pray, what am I
A being wanting to be an image
An image wanting to be a being
A shadow yearning for itself
A mere dust particle yearning to be sparkling
A mirror image
A false one
None else!
 Image result for woman before a mirror painting
 Woman Before Her Mirror -- Paul Delvaux

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?