Friday, July 14, 2017

Zayd Fredericks writes



It is so easy to see
The dysfunction between you and me
We must free up our tired souls
Before this sadness kills us both
I've tried and tried to let you know
I love you but I'm letting go
If you don't know and don't care
Don't get upset when I'm not there
If you are willing and you want to
But still afraid I will desert you
Every conversation goes astray
Making it harder to stay
Perhaps it may be the only way
The beautiful memories we share can heal, but only temporarily
This wall between us is getting higher
And the ditch is getting deeper
I'm building a wall around my heart
Never let it fall apart
We have already hit the ground
But we are still falling
I keep coming around to pick you up
But you are so reluctant to accept my help
What a shame
I hope you find somewhere to place the blame
Until then the fact remains
We are not working
I think it's best if we say goodbye and give ourselves space to breathe
 Image result for falling
Falling --Ken Levine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?