Monday, July 17, 2017

Ihlwha Choi writes



Harbor City

The sea was far away from the village where I was born
It is within a stone's throw from here

Impossible to see seagulls in my native village
Here I can see so many of them even in the backyard

The peddlers brought salt on their backs in the old times
Where have all the vast areas of salt flats here gone?

There were all kinds of crops and fruits in my childhood
Here, so many kinds of marine products in the fish market

I grew up in the faraway farming village
Now I live in the harbor city.

Image result for harbor city painting
Dream Harbor -- Leonid Afremov

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry. In the aove poem the 'slat'must be changed to 'salt. It's my spelling mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry. In the above poem the 'slat' of the 3rd stanza must be changed to 'salt. It's my spelling mistake.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?