Sunday, February 26, 2017

Arlene Corwin writes



Going Through It

I’m thinking about you
Every day, and what you’ve got to go through,
Going through right now.
I cannot do
                   a thing –
Well, give a ring now and again -
But you have other friends
And relatives for that
To buy each this and that
To fill your needs.
No, inasmuch as my heart bleeds
For what you’re going through
And what you probably will go through,
Forced by creeds
Of other sorts
I’m forced to sort it out.

You’re ill,
And you’ll be ill a while.
Thoughts say, “Get well!”
Three times “Get well”,
Eight, thirty times “Get well!”
Sent into space, to heaven, God - 
More times than spent on Mac or IPad.
Possibly the most effective way
From me to you
To help with what you’re going through:
I pray – not in the ordinary way –
I don’t know how to say it,
Words don’t, can’t describe it,
But I’m with you – and pray it.
 Prayer
 Prayer -- Angu Walters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?