Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Hilary D Zamora writes



I loved this new chemical outlet; I felt almost perfect, divine, immaculate. Reed went into the bathroom and cut two lines, and brought the mirror to me bedside with a straw. “You're so good to me. I'd be lost without you. You're the best friend I've ever had.” Once the meth was introduced into the mix of drugs in my system, I felt astonishingly whole, every cell in my body was alive, floating easily through this complex chemical combination. Inside my mind a new demon was born, initiating in me the perfect grouping of drugs; it quickly became the most sought-after high I would forever chase. I thought I’d felt near perfect on the opiates, benzodiazepines, and muscle relaxers alone, but when I added meth to the menu, I realized I had stumbled upon my own personal heaven. I'd entered a new bliss, a surreal paradise. Nobody could find me here. And nobody would find me for years to come. ~Hilary D Zamora
 Image result for meth painting
Meth Effect -- Shannon Hamilton




No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?