Sunday, November 27, 2016

Monica Oswal writes



Your lips moved in a rhythm
that only I understood,
songs you had sung eons ago
lie abandoned in the deep recesses of my heart,
though forgotten by you


On these sparkling nights,
I sit ashore
all alone
over the edge of a jagged cliff,
my longings dangling
by a weak hook of a solitary tear
marked by your initials


A surging ocean of crystalline water
gathers around my feet
Through the haze of my sighs I see you


Singing the same songs tuned on different notes,
away on a far away island
now oblivious of my existence


Bottomless seas,
boundless sky
and
now Emotions
divide us
 Painting, 'Moonlight Meditation' shows a woman sitting, legs astride, feet in the water as fish float above her in full moonlight.
 Moonlight Meditation -- Terry Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?