Thursday, November 10, 2016

Heather Jephcott writes



Bathing In Grace



Needing to step into 
a bath of grace 
every day.



It is already prepared 
for me. 
Let me not back away,

but jump in, 
splashing, 
allowing the gentle water 
of loving grace 
to cover all.
 
This is a pure, free, 
beautiful,
soaking bath, 
cleansing me 
of my own ineptitude, 
all my failures, 
my botched trying, 
all the dirt, the impurities 
that dwell thick in my ugly pride. 
All can seep out 
and are washed away.


I hear the kind, soft call 
to come
to take my bath 
already made ready for me. 
I move quickly, 
knowing my need, my filth.


I remove the dirty clothes, 
soaked in the sweat 
of a mind that overworks,

of a body that feels threats
from other voices,
but never from the one 
who has prepared my bath.


Stepping in,
lying down,
covered by water
warming my chilled heart
enabling it to open again,
the foaming soap
taking away the depressing negatives
and bringing out smiles,
calm, sweetness.
Breathing in the delightful, love-filled, fragrance
of this room.



This is also a bath of preparation. 
I come out cleaned, 
renewed, fresh, 
ready to go on 
helping me to give out 
what I have received.

 ผลการค้นหารูปภาพสำหรับ daniel bonnell painting

 The Baptism of the Christ -- Daniel Bonnell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?