Thursday, September 8, 2016

Umid Ali writes



YOU DON’T KNOW

A soul made a covenant
To feel in love, and it is inescapable.
If it hurts my soul,
Whatever, your burnt senses lower than mine.

You don’t know, love is in my heart,
It covers the world with flowers.
It never follows spring, summer or winter,
It turns and turns the Earth.

You don’t know, I am Majnun too,
Who lost his consciousness.
If my soul is in the fire
God saves me, who fell in love.

You don’t know, that’s enough, stop, lastly,
I don’t have any hostility to your soul.
Just… just do you remember it?
You fired at my heart.

Even you don’t know…
You invent fairy tales at night,
You try to obtest me,
But, eventually, life is not a tale.
I refuse, you will cry.

I am not the Prince, it is a lie,
I am not as strong as Kenja Botir.
I couldn’t tell my angel, my Princess,
You are my simple dear.

Don’t be afraid, there is no any witch, no demon,
The sky is reliable, the Earth is huge.
I also have a soul like you,
I will take a bow for having a soul.

Did tears come in your face again?
After all, life is not a tale.
A tale ends very soon,
A life is forever as love. 

 tr. Asror Allayarov from "The Gate Opened by Angels"



Layla and Majnun faint at their meeting -- Husain Naquash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?