Monday, September 12, 2016

George Reece writes, composes, sings, plays

Into My Heart


 
I'm not the smartest guy, and Danny Boy always makes me cry.
You knock me down and blow me away.
I feel like I wanna tell you everything,
But whatever I say you just run around and laugh and dance and sing.
You get in trouble, you break the rules,
And that's just about my favourite thing you do.

Sometimes you come around late at night,
Your skin is cold but your eyes are bright.
I'll hold you closer than this.
You tell me how it's come to be,
That everything you love is gone for free.
Nowhere to go, I'm such a fool,
And I say, "Baby, I may not be as smart as you,

"But if there's anything I know,
It's that there's always one place you can go,
And that's straight into my heart."

If ever you should think of me, and cast your mind back endlessly,
You don't have to cry, or wish I was there,
Cause we're together every day in everything we do and everything we say.
I may be blind. I may be deaf. I may be dumber than anyone you ever met,

But if there's anything I know,
It's that there's always one place you can go,
And that's straight into my heart.

If there's anything I know,
It's that there's always one place you can go,
And that's straight into my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?