Monday, August 8, 2016

Ike writes

I Wonder (My First Poem)

I wonder about the sea,
the life in the sea,
the depth of the sea.
What wonders does it hold?

I wonder about the sky,
the life in the sky.
How high can I go?
Can I go to the edge of the sky?
What can I see on high?

I wonder about the mountains,
the life in the mountains.
What secret the mountains hold,
the beauty of the mountains, 
the color of the mountains.

I wonder about the winds,
the north winds,
the south wnds, the swirling winds.
Where do they come from?
Where do they go?
Why do we need them?

I wonder about the river
as I stand here looking
into its deep blue pools.
I hear a muffled sound.
I look around, it's the river
rushing over the rocks,
rushing to the sea. 




Landscape -- Hillary Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?