Wednesday, March 16, 2016

James Babbs writes



It’s Never Easy Writing About Love

love 
oh love 
dancing in the beauty of the light 
tough love 
real love 
not the gooey sticky kind 
they keep thrusting at us 
syrup dripping down 
love 
wrapped in pretty colors 
sweet and sickly love 
like you’ve never really seen 
the dark and jagged love 
love with ragged edges 
tearing at the heart 
and drowning in its blood 
love 
oh love 
howling in the dead of night 
love 
crawling on its belly 
across the kitchen floor 
love waiting 
searching for a home 
love without mercy 
a relentless kind of love 
keeps screaming your name 
and won’t let you sleep 
one great love 
you fall headlong into it 
love 
oh love 
what do you want from me

1 comment:

  1. Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man

    If you want a lover,
    I'll do anything you ask me to
    And if you want another kind of love,
    I'll wear a mask for you
    If you want a partner, take my hand
    Or if you want to strike me down in anger,
    Here I stand
    I'm your man

    If you want a boxer,
    I will step into the ring for you
    And if you want a doctor,
    I'll examine every inch of you
    If you want a driver, climb inside
    Or if you want to take me for a ride,
    You know you can
    I'm your man

    Ah, the moon's too bright
    The chain's too tight
    The beast won't go to sleep
    I've been running through these promises to you
    That I made and I could not keep
    But a man never got a woman back,
    Not by begging on his knees
    Or I'd crawl to you baby
    And I'd fall at your feet
    And I'd howl at your beauty
    Like a dog in heat
    And I'd claw at your heart
    And I'd tear at your sheet
    I'd say please, please
    I'm your man

    And if you've got to sleep
    A moment on the road,
    I will steer for you
    And if you want to work the street alone,
    I'll disappear for you
    If you want a father for your child,
    Or only want to walk with me a while
    Across the sand
    I'm your man

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?