Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Jennifer Sage writes

Let it Burn

And so it’s dropped, the proverbial shoe...
And I wish that I could say it hurt more, that it shattered me more....
Because I know that would feed your need to be so vindictively adored,
But, you cannot pretend with shallow words to love a being such as I, and for me in response to your degradation, to comply.


No, it sits as something that dreams are made of,
Silver wisps and candlesticks and far reaching shadowed hands on turbulent rising flesh,
It could not be love, so it is this,
A dream escaping parted, quivering lips.... And then easily, gone.


And then, as dusk falls on lust filled lies, new dreams arise...
More beautiful, in reality, than a dream ever could be ....
It is silken honey on the soul, warm and melted sweet...
Licked off by the deserving tongue of suitors yet to be seen, but oh, they do exist.


So many things unsaid, drift like silver, twinkling stars into the heavens....
Jilted words unheard, unspoken and unredeemed....
But it is just me, that doesn’t sleep.... the rustling feathers pricking at my skin,

Eyes closed, love goes....into a beauty, unrecognized.

Letters burn with purple flame, regained by the soul that poured so sweetly from the pen,
Up in smoke, sentiment goes, rising, utterly disturbed....unnoticed....
A being undeserving of the heartfelt, quivering words....
Could not recognize the actions for what they were. Pure. Beautiful. Love. Now gone.


Then, it awakens again....to the world....
And the world, will take it gladly...
Spin it new...
And consume it with a passion that you never knew.


Because I am me. And you, are you.
Only tragic, because you’re blind to gifts,
So lovely, so immense...
That even God sheds a tear for your loss.


But you...never will. True love, beneath you.

 Image result for burning love images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?