Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Reena Prasad writes






Sweetly Sour



There isn’t a word self-deprecating enough

for the feeling that engulfed me

when a red filament glowed in my dark cellar

and knowledge shoved its hands, twisting itself

into the cosy crevice which sheltered me,

pulling delicate membranes of thought apart

till it ensured a slit

large enough to let day in

while tongue extended, I waited

for the honeyed dew to drip

and shrewd mice ran around,

waiting for stray tidbits



When light flooded the hole,

streaming slants of dust particles danced

where hitherto a rainbow had languidly posed

revealing planned palaces

balanced on strong foundations

by those who passed the sugar pot

while flitting through my dark corridors



Staring now at my blank wall, standing as

a prop, upholding their dream

I smile and dream on,

throwing a fluffy stole over some misgivings

determined not to dim their lights

for my castle was conjured within

a reckless bubble of implicit trust

 Old, Antique, Vintage, Decay, Transient

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?