Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Ayoola Goodyness Olanrewaju writes




AMUSED

Like a sudden rise of a gallivanting sandstorm
Successive sighs plane my deserted desert heart
Like the heat of the rising scorching sun on cold clouds
A cold of torridness melts into my feeble marrow.

A firing orb of confusion convulses into my bloodstream
I feel a core burning; it is the sunshine in my mouth.

The artistic eyes painting my meek meditation
Plead I, a silhouette in a hue of white
If possible, a ghost fading into an embrace of tint
For my thoughts are shaded with confused lines.

Shade me with a hatching here in my heart
The brood breed in me is a voracious itch.

I have scratched this surface with a penned ritual
This air of an extravagant crawling cadence
Like the church bell dance to its pendulum chimes
Gavels my heart to waltz and swing.

In spirited cocktail of croquis
I trail the cruise of a gluttonous muse.

Like the wood insect and the wood
I bear this burden on an inky path
A gin of words and lighted sticks of ballpoint
This path trespassed by the kindness of poets.

Daring feats footprints in bold bores
Indelibly stained in poetic finesse.

My muse is a queer fish
Wangling for ink at the shore of my heart
Fading swiftly into the tide of neglect
Like a slippery dream.

Now I ink the call of a bemused muse
And I am left amused!

1 comment:

  1. A croquis is a quick, sketchy drawing ("croquer" literally means "to crunch" in French). Generally it refers to live-model drawing, with the model frequently changing poses. Engaging in the practice helps the artists concentrate on the the important elements of the figure, since there is no time to try to capture any details.It also carries the connotation of knowing a subject only superficially. This is the process of poetic creativity delineated by this poem.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?