Monday, May 11, 2015

Veronon Mooers writes



Mirages


                                          I live in a world of ants
                                          black ones, red ones, and spiders
                                          bite me in the night;
                                          cockroaches and creepy crawlers
                                          and snakes slither on the path
                                          pigeons rattle the air con cage
                                          wild dogs bark, cats scream
                                          cars screech, the mosque calls at 4 am
                                          and yet Britney Spears
                                          came into my dream
                                          when I woke this morning
                                          I know not why
                                          her face in my mind
                                          like some prison pin-up girl
                                          blonde hair swirling
                                          blue eyes laughing
                                          in the desert wind

2 comments:

  1. Vernon must be dreaming about the jailbait Brittney of many years ago.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. As part of my poetry act I used to do impressions of John Wayne. Because of the unusual cadence of the Duke, I found that three pieces worked surprisingly well: The Beatles' "Do You Want To Know A Secret," Hamlet's soliloquy ("To be or not to be..."), and Britney's "OOps!...I Did It Again."

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?